Choose your language
COLOGNE MUSEUM OF MEDICAL HISTORY
A short journey through the history and archaeology of early medicine.
The small but fine museum in the heart of Cologne's old town offers an entertaining journey through the stages of early European medical history and archaeology.
... from Celtic magic to monastic medicine
... from Hippocrates to Hildegard von Bingen
... from bloodletting to amputation
... from Medicus to Medica
Please always make a reservation. Visiting hours Thursday to Saturday from 11:00 to 18:00.
Closed on public holidays. Closed during guided tours.
Tour with or without audio guide
Pupils & Students
Children <12 y
Discover the exhibition with the audio guide app MUSEUM2GO. Free of charge in the Google Play Store and the App Store. Available languages: German, English, French, Dutch, Italian, Polish and Spanish.
- Hand disinfection possible
- No touch screens, but self-running digital presentations
- Fresh air and air filter systems
- Tour concept
- All signage (exhibits and digital presentations) in German and English throughout
- Audio Guide App MUSEUM2GO: Free of charge in the Google Play Store and the App Store. Available languages: German, English, French, Dutch, Italian, Polish and Spanish. Please bring your own headphones if possible.
- Free W-LAN available
Important information for people with walking or visual impairments:
The listed building is unfortunately not sufficiently barrier-free for visitors with walking or visual impairments. This also applies to the surroundings in the old town with its historic cobblestones. Nevertheless, we are happy to try to find individual solutions for people with disabilities.
Please call us or write to us.
The entrance fee is of course reduced on presentation of a disabled person's pass.